I’m in the pool. Now what?
Express Entry Deadlines You Must Know & 5 Ways You Can Increase Your Express Entry Score
After you create an Express Entry profile and CIC determines you as eligible, you will be put into the Express Entry pool of candidates.
Here is a list of things that will happen after you are put into the Express Entry pool:
- CIC will give you your Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score, which is based on factors that have been shown to help immigrants prosper in Canada.
- CIC will “draw” from the Express Entry pool regularly to invite the top candidates to apply for PR.
- You will get a personal reference code to use to register in Job Bank.
- If you do not have a job offer or a nomination from a province or territory you must register for Job Bank to be eligible for the pool.
Important Timeframes that You Must Know:
- You will be in the pool for one year from the day you get in. If you do not get selected during this period, you will need to submit a new profile
- If you receive an ITA, you will have 60 days to submit your PR application. Some documents (for example, police certificates) may take longer than 60 days to get. This is why you need to plan in advance and use professionals like us, so you will not miss the deadline to apply for your PR status in Canada.
- Police check are valid for 3 months
- Language test results are valid for 2 years. They must be valid at the time an application for permanent residence under Express Entry is submitted.
- ECAs are valid for 5 years and must also be valid at the time an application for permanent residence under Express Entry is submitted.
How to improve your score
There are things that you can do to improve your score and increase your chances of receiving an ITA. For example, you may want to:
- secure a valid job offer using:
- Job Bank, or
- by promoting yourself to employers in Canada using private sector job boards,
- contact provinces and territories to be considered in a Provincial Nominee Program,
- improve your language score,
- improve your education, or
- gain more relevant work experience.
Ensure Your Profile is Accurate and Up-to-Date
If you are invited to apply, you will be responsible for any information in your profile and application for permanent residence.
If CIC finds that you misrepresented yourself (gave false information or left out important details), CIC will refuse your application. In that case:
- your application could be refused,
- you could be found inadmissible, and
- you could be barred for five years from applying for permanent resident status.
Why You Should Let Us Help with Express Entry:
Problem 1: CIC does not offer any service that helps you calculate your Express Entry score.
As of the point of this writing, the only way to find out your Express Entry score is to do so manually. If you want to know your Express Entry score, you will have to create an Express Entry profile and complete it until the end. Not only is this time-consuming, but it is also prone to mistakes.
Our solution: We offer a FREE online assessment to calculate your Express Entry scores without having to go through the tedious online profile.
Problem 2: CIC does not show applicants any data on their chance of receiving ITA.
CIC draws from the pool periodically, but never tells applicants when they do so, how many they will draw, or what the cut-off score will be.
Our solution: We have a detailed Express Entry log, which gives applicants the following benefits:
– You can predict the next draw based on the frequency of past draws. Based on our data, the draw interval is between 7 to 13 days. Knowing this, you can anticipate when the next draw is going to happen and have all of your required documents ready.
– You can predict your chance of receiving an ITA based on the number of previous ITAs issued, the previous cut-off scores, and the average change in cut-off scores from historic data.
Problem 3: Many applicants got caught with misrepresentation and cannot apply for PR for 5 years
Our solution: We offer the best immigration service for you.
Immigration is not just about filling out forms and following checklists. If this statement is true, then why would anyone fail in the first place? Does it mean that these people are not capable of following checklists.
No. The answer is not that simple.
Most firms only excel at a few of those areas, but we excel at all of them…We handle all of our cases with honesty, care, and integrity, which is why we have NEVER RECEIVED A PR REFUSAL in our years in the immigration business.
The fact is, we combine years of experience, past success cases, deep understanding of Canadian immigration laws, usage of high-tech, and a passion and care for our clients. Most firms only excel at a few of those areas, but we excel at all of them.
As you can see from many of our blog posts, we don’t sell you hope or give you false expectation.
Instead, we always provide a clear path to our clients:
Take our FREE assessment to find out your Express Entry score; Read our detailed Express Entry Log to determine your chance of receiving ITA; Come to consultation for a detailed analysis of your situation BEFORE you decide to hire us to help you immigrate to Canada.
We have NEVER lost a PR case!
We handle all of our cases with honesty, care, and integrity, which is why we have NEVER RECEIVED A PR REFUSAL in our years in the immigration business.
Other firms offer these services at a high cost, but when we provide these to you for FREE, you can expect the quality of service and the expert advice and guidance when you become one of our clients.
We wish you success on your immigration journey, and we look forward to the opportunity of working with you.
David Hsu, RCIC
Maple Life Immigration Ltd.